How I Use Brag Tags AND Class Dojo Together



Lots of teachers use Class Dojo, and lots of teachers use brag tags...but do you use both?  
I do, and it works really well. In short, I use Dojo to communicate with parents and
reward/manage behavior, and I use brag tags as rewards.  I wanted to share a few easy
ways to tie the two together.


At the start of each week, introduce and display a specific brag tag. Explain how students can
earn this tag- Do students need to display a specific behavior? Do they need to complete a
specific task? Add a Tag of the Week category in your positive Dojo points. When students
earn the brag tag, they also earn the point. To make it even better, make it worth 2 or 3 points.
I like to display my tag of the week on the board. I put the brag tags on a binder ring, and hang
them from a magnetic hook. I try to choose tags that are seasonal or related to
topics/characteristics that we've been working on during our Leadership time. My school uses
Leader in Me, so I often choose those tags for my tag of the week. I’ve created a Brag Tag of
the Week sign for you to create a small display. You can download it here.



As my students reach specific milestones in their long totals, they earn a brag tag. We reset
their bubbles every other week after the kids cash in with our Dojo store, which you can read
about here, but we keep a running total in my notebook. Our milestones are 24, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and so on. I don’t think I’ve ever had a student go beyond 600 points. My
Dojo-themed brag tags are in my TPT store.  


This is a simple one.  Each week, the student with the highest number of points earns the
Monster of the Week Tag. They also get to color a monster labeled with their name which is
then hung with our Dojo display. Monster of the week tags are in my Dojo brag tag set, and the
coloring page can be found here.  


Our specials teachers choose a student or two who showed leadership during the class period.
Those students earn a Dojo point under the category of Super Student in Specials. I also have a
brag tag that I created specifically for the specials at my school. If you're interested in those,
please email me.

Pin me to save for later!

4 comments

  1. Thank you for your great ideas on how to integrate Brag Tags and Class Dojo! I would love to have the brag tags for the specials award! aimeewallace@hisd.net Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. I love the little pictures of students for each set of brag tags. Where did you find those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made them! They're in my TPT store. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Editable-Name-TagsLabels-Rainbow-Stripes-with-Multicultural-Kids-2516894

      Delete

Back to Top