Testing Treats for Students AND Teachers!


This week, the third graders in my school began their state testing, PSSA.  It's the first year in the past eight years, that I haven't been a test administrator.  I am not missing it at all!  The thing I'm loving, though, is spoiling our 3rd grade buddy class and their teacher.  If your school doesn't do this, consider it!  It's so fun for everyone!

Here are a few fun things that my students and are are doing this week for our sweet buddies.



Day 1- With our first grade buddies, my kids wrote letters to our 3rd grade friends.  I love doing something that's personalized and not generic.  You can download the papers that I used here.

Day 2- We made these fun little acrostic poem flags and wrapped them around pencils.  They really turned out cute.  I simply typed up each 3rd grader's name, printed it out, and then gave one to each of my students.  As a class, we brainstormed positive words and encouraging phrases for each letter.  They decorated them once they were all finished.  My kids were SO proud of their work, and our 3rd grade friends loved them.
Day 3- We made them were these adorable little lucky pennies.  I grabbed the printable here on TPT.  I printed them on card stock and attached the pennies with a glue dot.  Each one of my kids signed them from our class.  Super cute, super easy...and it's not candy.


Day 4- Each one of my kids wrote an encouraging note to a 3rd grader on a banana.  They thought this was so cool! #easytoplease I bought the bananas pretty green, so their teacher could save them for another day if necessary.   Again, this was super easy, and it wasn't candy.

You can't forget the teacher, right?  I loved spoiling my colleague with some of her favorite things.   They work SO hard getting their students ready for the tests.  They deserve some treats!  You can download all of the tags for free in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. 



Do you do any thing special for your school's big kids or for your own test takers?  I'd love to hear some new ideas.
Thanks for stopping by!

 


No comments

Back to Top