What the Teacher Wore Wednesday & Stitch Fix Review

Hey there!

I'm back with another series of outfit posts for What the Teacher Wore Wednesday.  The weather is finally below 90 degrees here, so I can start to bust out a few of my fall favorites. 

 Gingham blouse/ Mindy Mae's Market/similar
Scarf/ Burlington Coat Factory
Jeans/ Target
Sandals/ Old Navy
Bracelets/ Purple Peridot- adorable and on sale!

 Chambray Tee/ Gap
Polka Dot Blouse/ TJ Maxx
Pants/ Gap
Necklace- Groop Dealz
Earrings- NY & Co. 
Dress/ NY & Co. 
Cardigan/ J.Crew Factory- similar
Scarf/ Old Navy
Necklace/ Charming Charlie
Sandals/ Target- similar
Leggings/ Old Navy

Miss Reggie just couldn't stay out of my pictures this morning, so I let her have her own spot.  :)
Top/ TJ Maxx
Jean Jacket/ Gap
Jeans/ Target
Necklace/ Very Jane
Wedges/ Naturalizer
Blouse/ J. Crew Factory- similar
Pants/ Banana Republic Outlet
Sandals/ Target
Necklace/ J. Crew Factory

So, this past Friday I received my first Stitch Fix box.  I've been on the fence about trying it for a while, and I finally bit the bullet and signed up.   
Here's what I received:

 I really liked it all except for the purse.  It's red with black piping, and that's just not really my thing. I don't love red and black together.  I kept the jeans.  They fit well and have a nice rise. 
This dress is absolutely adorable.  It's hard to tell, but it's cream, navy, and burnt orange.  I loved the colors so much, and it's definitely something I'd choose for myself.  The cut was really flattering, and the material was a ponte with nice weight.  Unfortunately, it was snug in the hips and belly, and that made me self-conscious.  Those are my problem areas.  So, the dress goes back.
This top was also really cute.  It is black and white with a bird print.  For some reason, I actually really like the critter print trend.  The cut of the blouse is nice, but it had absolutely no stretch to it.  It was too tight in the bust for me.  I don't typically buy topics that are made of silky material, because they are often tight in the chest, and I have two toddlers.  #mamadontdryclean
The jeans I'm wearing were also in my Fix, and like I said, I really liked them.  The denim is nice. They're a little pricier than I'd normally pay, but honestly, I need jeans.  These fit, and I felt good in them.  They paired well with flats and boots.
This jacket was cute, but I didn't love the knit sleeves.   It's kind of a suede material with sweater sleeves.  It's also, obviously, too short.  I felt like it could be part of a fancy sweatsuit, maybe one that J-Lo would wear.  It went back. 

Overall, I was really pleased with my box.  Everything was really cute and in tune with my style.   Everything was kind of pricey, so I did adjust that on my Stitch Fix profile.  I'm a champagne shopper on a beer budget, that's for sure.  I scheduled my next Fix for October, and I'm excited to get it.  It was so much fun to get the box on my door step.  If you want try it, I'd love for you to use my referral code

Thanks for stopping by!  Come back again next Wednesday for What the Teacher Wore.  You can check out my Instagram for outfit posts until then. 





No comments

Back to Top