My Best Back to School Tip

 Hey Friends!  
Thanks for stopping by my blog!  I'm so glad to have you here.  Today I'm linking up with Pop Into Primary and Hanging Around in Primary to share my best Back to School tip.  
 
It's hard to pick just one thing, but I've narrowed it down to something that I come back to time and again.  
New Student Bags
Displaying IMG_7353.JPG
We have a somewhat transient population at my school, so it's nothing for me to get anywhere between 4 and 8 new students throughout the school year.  You know how that can be, a little stressful and definitely a whole lot of work.   Sometimes I know a few days in advance, but many times I only find out the day before my new student arrives.  

To make things easier, I make up new student bags in the beginning of the year.  I use gallon sized Ziploc bags.  I include everything that my students have in their pencil boxes and important forms for parents.  
That means...
  • 3 pencils
  • an eraser
  • a glue stick
  • crayons
  • scissors
  • a highlighter
  • an Expo marker
  • colored pencils
  • markers
  • a lunch stick
  • folders for each subject
  • take home folder
  • math and literacy notebooks
  • my parent handbook
  • letter about Remind 101 (linked to freebie in my TPT store)
  • a magnet with my contact information on it
This all seems very simple, but it's really a life saver when I get a new student at the last minute.  I don't have to race around gathering supplies.  It takes me a few minutes to make a name label for his or her locker.  My students have numbers, so the rest is easy.  I keep many things like book boxes numbered from year to year.

Sorry for the lack of authentic photos here today.  I don't have any of my bags here at home, and we're not allowed into our building until August 17th.  I'm dying to get in!!!  Everyone's room set-up photos are making me jealous. 

 Thanks to Katie and Christina for hosting the Linky Party.  Pop over to their blogs to check out some of the other teachers that have linked up.  There are so many fantastic ideas!
Hanging Around In Primary    & Pop into Primary

No comments

Back to Top